Hello Lovelies!

I've been a bit MIA over the last week or so, mostly because I've become totally obsessed with watching the TV show Dexter which I'd never seen before.  I've been watching it all day nearly every day! And secondly my skin is misbehaving as I'm trying out some new skin care products to review, and my skin never likes anything straight away.  So I've been having a rest from wearing makeup really.  I thought I'd do this tag though, as I've really enjoyed reading other peoples and watching their youtube videos on it, hope you enjoy!

1. When did you start wearing makeup?


I started wearing makeup when I was 11 years old which is also when I started high school.  I started primary school when I was 4 years old because of when my birthday is so I've always been the "young one".  But I started puberty early which meant that pretty much straight away my problems with my acne started due to hormonal changes.  I never wore a lot at this age, basically just concealer, mascara and lipgloss.  Having an older sister made me more into makeup too I think, because as she was getting into makeup so was I, even though I was younger.  But since then it progressed and sort of snowballed and now I'm obsessed!


2. How do you feel without makeup?

Honestly? I feel horrible.  I feel like I look tired and my skin is disgusting more often than it isn't.  I can't go anywhere without makeup.  An example of this would be when I was going to my Doctor (man) trying to get help for my acne, and he was reluctant to give me treatment or send my to a dermatologist because my skin looked "normal" and "it wasn't bad at all", when really I'd just covered it with makeup.  So to get help I had to go one day with no makeup on and it was horrendous.  I'd took my makeup with me to put straight on in the car once the appointment was over.  Now I don't have acne, but I still get bad breakouts and am covered in pigmentation scarring so I don't like to wear no makeup ever.  But if I'm having a "good" skin day which is rare, I can go with my old basics - Concealer, Mascara and lipbalm/lipgloss. But I don't think I'll ever like my skin. Unless I find a miracle product or get a skin transplant. 


3. What do you like about makeup

The obvious answer would be that it can hide my flaws, but more than that I like that I can highlight my good points.  Even though I hate my skin, I've learned to love my eyes and my lips.  And with makeup I can decide which I'm going to bring to attention, rather than my skin, which in turn I can hide with good foundation and concealer.  I like to play around with makeup too and try new colours or different things with it.  I used to do art, and now makeup is my art. I love doing something crazy with it for Halloween,  last year I used pink and silver glitter all over my body because I was a Fairy and the year before that I painted myself gold to be one of the Gods from Hercules - so I usually go all out!

4. Three holy grail items

1. Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream.  Not makeup but it's amazing at healing old spots, moisturising lips and using over eyebrows/eyelashes to encourage them to grow.  I don't know what's in it but it's an amazing product.
2. Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation.  I use this as a concealer and it works amazingly well at covering but it isn't cakey.  I feel like this would be too much over my whole face, as I tend to go for a light-medium coverage and just fix the places I need to, to stop the "mask" look.
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers.  These are so good I could skip mascara with them.  So if I was going for a look where I wanted to really look like I was wearing no makeup I would just use these and they would open my eyes brilliantly.  And when you use them before mascara it just makes an incredible difference.  I have reviewed them previously with before and after photos here.

Thanks for reading!

Love Rebekah
xxx