Way back before summer this year, I decided that I wanted to try a mineral powder foundation.  I done my usual research before buying anything and Laura Mercier Mineral Powder won with the most good reviews - which I'm currently about to add to!  I only used it about twice before the summer, then I got into using lighter foundations and bb creams so it sat neglected in my makeup drawer for a little while.  I started using it again around the end of september when the weather started to drastically change, and I used it all through October too (although in total that would probably be about 8 times because I haven't been wearing makeup much recently: aka I have no social life and haven't left the house/now I can't walk anyway and this is the first time I've had it on in two weeks).  Laura Mercier Mineral Powder has fast became a massive love for me, and I'm going to tell you why!

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder - Natural Beige


Firstly the coverage is amazing! My skin is awful right now and this covers a multitude of sins.  You can see the dullness all the blemishes in the left side of the photo, and the other side of my face is the same if not worse with blemishes - the right side looks so much more flawless and this is before concealer!  Natural Beige is slightly too dark for my natural skin tone, but more often than not I'm wearing a little bit of fake tan anyway (I'm not right now because it's just too much effort when you only have one functioning foot - hence the different looking skin tones in the photo!).

Here's what Laura Mercier says about this product -
  • 'Oil Free and Water-Resistant
  • Apply as pigmented powder or buildable foundation
  • Pure pearl powders and mica impart a soft focus effect creating a natural, healthy, youthful glow
  • Zinc-Oxide works as a sunscreen agent to block the suns harmful rays
  • contains anti-ageing properties
  • non-comedogenic' (doesn't block pores)
Well I have to agree with that!  Being oil-free means that it doesn't eventually react with any of the oils in my own skin, making me shiny or patchy, this literally lasts all day on my combination skin - which is a difficult feat for any foundation.  I also like how it doesn't dull my complexion. Using powders on the skin can flatten the colour and make your skin look dull and tired, losing natural radiance - but the great thing about this is the fact it has pearl powders, so the powder itself contains its own little dose of radiance.  Perfect for the winter months if you ask me, when your skin naturally tends to become dull.  It 100% doesn't block my pores as well, which is why I like it for when I'm having a particularly bad breakout because it doesn't make it any worse.

My skin with only Laura Mercier Mineral Powder - NO CONCEALER!

And my favourite thing about this? The Zinc-Oxide.  While it's main intention is to block the UVA and UVB rays from the sun - it also helps heal skin.  Zinc-Oxide is commonly used in wound healing and can be found in a variety of creams and special wound dressings.  It's one of the main ingredients in Suodcrem which I use on my spots at night time!  So I find that using this foundation when I have a spot is beneficial for healing time, because normally using makeup when you have spots makes them take aaaaages to heal because they're constantly having dirty makeup smeared over them, but with this it doesn't happen!  So this is a super-duper fantastical product if you have skin like me!

Laura Mercier Mineral Powder - £31.00

I apply this with my Real Techniques buffing brush which is perfect and gives flawless coverage.  So I don't use too much I tap a little bit of the product into the lid and swirl my brush around, tap off the excess and then buff away on my skin.
When I run out of this it'll be an immediate re-purchase because my skin can't live without it now.  When I bought this from Laura Mercier the girl on the counter suggested using this over my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser for an even more amazing base.  I haven't tried that out yet because I've just been enjoying using it this way to try and get the zinc straight onto my skin to help it out a little - but when I do I'll be sure to let you know what I think!