It wasn't until the other day when I reached for this that I realised I hadn't ever done a post on it, but it's been in a couple of MOTD's before.  Considering I've had this about a year I thought that was pretty bad of me!  This is my go-to eye palette.  Sometimes I have days when I have no idea how I want to do my makeup, and looking at my collection is more of a burden than a lot of fun because there are too many options - I'm the same if you show me lots of types of cakes, just give me two and I can decide but too many and I get all discombobulated and end up eating ten. So when I want to avoid the makeup discombobulation but still look like a bit of effort has gone into making myself look semi-decent, this is the guy (are eyeshadows guys?).  The only problem is, I can't find this online so unless your local Chanel counter has a spare lying around it's probably long gone.  But I really love the look of 33 Prelude which is more cool toned greyish browny colours (I WANT IT) and 39 Raffinement, which looks almost identical in blog photos and swatches I googled (the official Chanel image on the website doesn't look even close to real pictures!).


It's a gorgeous nude quad, and as per usual for me the shades are a bit shimmery and pearly! I think I own about two matte eyeshadows.  I find the colours pigmented enough and although I know some people prefer much stronger eyeshadows, I find it's always good to have more subtle options.  I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridges Clemence Poesy Tonal look, which I absolutely LOVE.  So I tend to try and make it as similar to that tutorial as possible, with the rest of my make up too.  Most of the time, I use the shadows in the exact same way as Lisa shows (although it looks slightly different on my eye shape); but sometimes I do mix it up and change where I put what shadow.  For me this quad is all about subtle definition, so it really is perfect for daytime with a nudish lip or you could wear it with a more intense lip colour for night.  I feel like you'd never look overdone or too try hard with this look, which suits me.  I'm not a fan of doing the 'overdone' look often - it takes me out of my comfort zone! Also I really don't have the bone structure to hold a lot of makeup all at once - I look like a chubby boy that's been mercilessly attacked by his evil older sisters.  Any way - I love this quad, and after trying to find it's Chanel copy I've convinced myself I need prelude...