A few weeks ago, I had a bit of a breakout. The result mostly was a massive spot near my top lip and I needed to get rid of it. I hadn't tried any targeted products for a while and hadn't been impressed and nothing had really worked. What I mean is, I hadn't found something that seemed to speed up the healing process as most just seemed to live out their little ugly life on my face. I was not impressed by this spot and I wanted it and all it's tiny friends gone. I bought the Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot as a targeted treatment as I've heard good things about the Normaderm line in general (my auntie likes the cleanser and she suffers from adult acne).

RRP - £10.50 from Boots
The product itself is a milky gel, that goes clear upon application. The applicator tip is metal, so it's quite cooling on an angry inflamed spot which is nice. This isn't suitable to wear makeup over as it creates a film over the spot that a few hours later can pretty much be peeled from the skin - that makes for patchy makeup! I use this at night over any blemishes and notice a significant different in the size of them the next day. I use it during the day if I'm not wearing any makeup too though. Having suffered from acne for years, I can usually judge how long a particular spot will last. Since the main one was absolutely massive I knew that without trying to treat it it would be there for about 5 days before it started to shrink and heal. By using this at night and Clinique Anti-Blemish solutions foundation during the day - the monster spot was nothing but a red mark at the end of 3 days. I continued to use this on the mark along with an anti-pigmentation serum from No7 and by day 7 it looked as though there had never been a spot there at all. Quite a remarkable feat with my skin considering that I still have marks from spots from about a year ago! I would recommend this product, but as everyone's skin is different and I used it in along with other products, results may vary for each person.