I posted on twitter a week or two ago that I was in desperate need of a matte red lipstick.  I thought about having a scope through Chanels red offerings, but when I went to have a look it wasn't really what I had pictured in my mind.  I hit up the MAC counter next, humming and hawing with Ruby Woo and Russian Red, tried them both on but I just wasn't convinced.  I like Russian Red and borrow my sisters from time to time but it wasn't giving me the image I'd seen in my head of vibrant matte red lips.  Alas I went to YSL and found my new baby.  It's a radiant matte finish, and I've never seen anything else like it.  It's almost luminous.  It also has stretch technology which makes it ridiculously comfortable to wear unlike most other matte lipsticks.  'The Mats' come in a variety of shades to suit you matte red lip needs - orange toned, deep red, brown toned red for darker complexions.  You'll be sure to find your perfect match.  I love 202, it's very old hollywood, a true true red.  I love it!  I fear it may be a challenge to get me to wear any other lipstick for a while...

YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats retail for £25.00