I recently decided that it was about time I dipped my toe back in to NARS waters.  I've tried the Albatross highlighter, the Silk Road eyeshadow duo...and I've sneakily had a go of a couple of my sisters blushes.  The Velvet Matte Lip pencil has to be my favourite product I've tried so far.

Lip products are my favourite things to buy, by far, so I'm always pleased when I really like something - then have to restrain myself from buying more which never usually works...  I'm currently having to restrain myself from buying this in every colour.  It applies like a dream, plus it's really easy to use as it's pencil form.  It doesn't dry out my lips either like some matte lip products, so it's good to keep that in mind!   I do always apply a little bit of lipbalm under my lip products anyway so that may be helping it along.  It has amazing staying power, but as I've not tried any lighter shades I can't say if it's because this is a strong colour or they all do.  I'm sure I'll find out anyway - I need more of these!  This doesn't wear off patchy or horrible on me either, it's an all over fade that ends up more like a stain.

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils retail for £17.50.