For a good long while, I've been on the search for a high street mascara that meets all my eyelash needs, a la my one and only true mascara love Diorshow Iconic Overcurl - read full review with pictures here.  I've bought a ridiculous amount of high street mascaras and there are only two that I'm not completely disappointed in, but they still don't even come close to Dior Iconic Overcurl for me.  To be honest, I feel like it's the pressure from the blogging community that has made me feel like I shouldn't be using a mascara that costs £24.50.  Every blogger chat seems to turn into a High Street VS High End war, hence my aversion for the chats for the last few months.  I mean how dare I spend my ridiculously hard earned cash on what I please?!  Anyway, back to the main topic at hand.  Here are a lot of mascaras I bought with a cliff note on why it sucked.

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Waterproof Mascara - This did absolutely nothing for me, except make me end up with barely any lashes following the pain in the ass removal.

Maxfactor False Lash Effect 24hr - Just made my lashes darker.  Didn't add length or volume - obviously that's exactly what you want from a mascara that has 'False Lash Effect' on the packaging - NOT.

L'Oreal Voluminous x5 Extra-Black - it didn't even look like I was wearing mascara, like at all.  Bizarre.

Maxfactor 2000 Calorie Dramatic Volume - Lets just all LOL together about the dramatic volume claim.  Maybe if I put on a bazillion coats.  It also smells awful.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Noir Excess - This stuff is hella wet.  I got it all over my face but it didn't do much for my lashes anyway.  Slightly longer but that's about it.  I WANT VOLUME AND LENGTH DAMMIT.

L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Manga - This isn't the worst of the bunch.  It does give me length and volume, but jeez it takes a lot of work to get there.  The brush holds a lot of product so you need to scrape at least half of it off before you put in near your face or it'll go everywhere.  Then it clumps like crazy so you need to spooly your lashes to death afterwards.  Does anyone really have that amount of time to spend on lashes everyday?

Soap and Glory Thick And Fast Mascara - This is actually not bad, but it didn't wow me.  If I was unusually skint I'd think about buying this one.

Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara - I've used this before and it's okay.  Basically I needed it after the L'Oreal Telescopic fiasco.  It doesn't blow me away though.  It gives a natural looking lash, but I tend to want more va-va-voom.

These cost me £79.43.  WHAT TO THE HECK?! That's three and a bit Dior mascaras, which would have been more than enough for the time frame if all the others hadn't been fails.  These have all been bought since the beginning of December until now, so that being 5 months means I'd have got through one Dior mascara and would be a little in to a second - give or take as I don't wear makeup everyday.  So my lesson is learned.  Stop wasting my money when I know what works for me!  Now if I can adopt the same mantra with my foundations I'll be all set..