On Wednesday, my mum and I treated ourselves to a Spa day - because why not?  We felt like having a little treat to ourselves and we found a great deal online for The Bowfield Hotel and Country Club in Howwood in Renfrewshire; not far from Glasgow if you've got a car.
It's a quaint little country hotel and is fitted out with rustic decor throughout.  The Spa/Gym has recently, and is still undergoing a bit of a makeover; so the new changing rooms are all finished but where you get your treatments is in need of modernisation to match the new changing room/gym facilities.  Despite that, it is still a lovely relaxing atmosphere and I really enjoyed my massage.  The spa uses ESPA products, which I have used at a spa before and find them quite nice.
We had booked early treatments so we done that first, then headed into the sauna and jacuzzi until our afternoon tea at 1pm.
We went along to the lounge (still in out robes) and had our afternoon tea.  We had wine included but we opted for soft drinks instead to go along with our food.  I enjoyed our tea and the selection of cakes were really good.  My only negative is that for the scones it wasn't real clotted cream, which is the best to have with your jam.  It didn't stop me polishing off my scone though.

At the moment, there is a deal for the spa for £29.99 for a treatment and spa facilities, but it does not include afternoon tea.  It would still be worth the money in my opinion, because I definitely left feeling more relaxed - and what more do you need from a spa experience?