I was just tidying up my dressing table and realised that over the past little while I've bought some new stuff - and I've tried it all so can give a quick 2 cents on the products.  Also side note - I tweeted yesterday that I was thinking of trying a new blog aesthetic where I don't pretend my house is immaculate and that I am also "perfect" - so this photo was taken after the sun went down with a crap energy bulb ceiling light as my only point of lighting - there are crap shadows in the picture but I don't really care - sue me. I half heartedly lit a purple candle that you can't even see and to the left of the picture I have an unopened ASOS package.  I cropped to give a closer look of the products but by accident it isn't actually the worst blog picture I've ever taken but c'est la vie - be prepared to see some "reality" here on the blog.

Ramble over - on to the products:

First off is the Pixi Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse £24.00: The solid cleansing oil in brilliant.  It melts makeup with no effort which works for me.  The cream side is also really lovely and my skin feels clean and nourished when I'm finished.  There is no fragrance which is good for my reactive skin.  There is a protective plastic protector inside the lid which stops anything moving around. But, it's one whole lid for both sides, so it is still possible to get the cream into the solid side if you open and close it quickly and carelessly.  I watched a C Hirons video recently and she hinted that the packaging will change in the future so I hope that it means that you can open one side at a time. Because the pot is halved I don't think that you get a much product for your money. So to summarise - nice product, meh packaging design and not a lot for your money. However, would repurchase as it is super handy to have both steps together.

Sleek Makeup Highlighting Palette in Precious Metals £10.00: The colours included are Platinum, Royal Gold, Renaissance Gold and Antique Bronze.  Antique Bronze is the only powder in this palette, the rest are creams. My favourites to use are Platinum - white which gives a gorgeous etherial look - also with how pale I am it is just stunning, an amped up Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector liquid in Pearl. And I love the one under that which is like Moonstone from Becca amped up a little bit.  The other two are very intense and antique gold it too dark for me.  But I would be able to use it as eyeshadow and maybe if I had fake tan on as a highlight (rare occurrence).  The one above the powder isn't for me unless I use it on the eyes because it has chunky glitters in it.  For £10 I think it's worth the price for the product. The two creams make my skin look amazing so I'm all for it.

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Chantilly £24.00: I usually use concealers in the tube and doe-foot applicator style, so this was something a bit different for me.  Beautiful texture, great coverage on my black eye bags.  It also covers blemishes impeccably.  I set it with a little powder and it lasted well. I haven't done a really long day with it on yet so I don't have a full picture of flawless wear time but I can update on Instagram or something.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser - Oil Free, SPF 20 in Porcelain £34.00: I used to have this years ago and loved it. Picked up another as I realised pretty much all of my bases are medium to full coverage and I've been working on keeping my skin healthy and spot free (not always possible but I'm trying).  Porcelain works for me because it is sheer, but if it was full coverage I think it would be a little dark. My skin is painfully pale.  I'm the whitest person ever. If I took one of those DNA sample tests I would come back 98% Snowman 2% human.

Nails Inc After Gel Hangover Cure 10 in 1 Treatment £9.50: I bought this because I got my gel nails done a month or so ago and hadn't taken them off yet. The growth was...intense. Anyway - the last time I wore gels for my friends wedding in August my nails were very sad - peeling, breaking every 5 minutes, dry.  This has given my nails a protective moisturising layer.  My nails feel healthy, but obviously it is still on my nails - shall update via twitter/instagram once I take it off to see where my nails are at.  I reckon so far that it has been worth it just to stop my nails from splitting.

HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Foundation in Angel Food £32.00: Hella coverage.  Good colour for me (second lightest WTF).  However it is so heavily scented that I'm concerned that it is going to break me out. I have a huge spot directly in between my eyebrows which I think is due to this foundation. I have worn it twice and I prefer application with a buffing brush.  With a beauty blender it is just too heavy.  My base looks great all day.  It is a good foundation but I think it's going to have to be used sparingly now and then so I don't get too spotty.  Most foundations are 30ml and this is 35ml so it's pretty good for the price - but please Huda - get rid of the scent.

This post became a lot longer than I thought it would... but I'm done now.